The Retirement Accounts screen allows you to enter the balances and contributions related to your retirement accounts.
- Retirement accounts refer to IRAs, 401k, Roth accounts, etc. not to taxable brokerage, saving, or checking accounts.
- An employer account is used where an employer makes contributions to your account.
- The age you start to withdraw from these accounts is set in Settings > Retirement Accounts > Age of first smooth withdrawal.
- Note that there is a place in the non-Roth accounts to set up Roth conversions
- Although letting MaxiFi determine the smooth withdrawals from these accounts is the default setting, there are some circumstances such as Cash Constraint where you may revisit this screen and create special withdrawals.
- What are "special withdrawals" from retirement accounts and how do they work?
- How do I change when retirement withdrawals start?
- Roth Conversions