In Settings and Assumptions > Taxes, enter the percentage of income from your taxable Regular Assets that our calculations should assume are qualified dividends or long-term capital gains and thus will be taxed at the capital gains/qualified dividend rate rather than the ordinary income tax rate. For example, if you have $100,000 in Regular Assets and you invest and earn $3,500 on that balance for the year and all of that $3,500 income is capital gains or qualified dividends, you should enter 100% in the capital gains or qualified dividend field. If 50% of that $3,500 is qualified dividends and the rest is ordinary interest, enter 50% (the other 50% is assumed to be ordinary interest). If 70% is qualified dividends, enter 70% and the remaining 30% of earnings will be treated as ordinary interest.
Qualified Dividends and Capital Gains Print
Modified on: Sat, 15 Aug, 2020 at 9:12 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.